Glorious displays


Isaiah 43:10-11"Return my sons from distant lands, my daughters from faraway places. I want them back, every last one who bears my name, every man, woman, and child Whom I created for my glory, yes, personally formed and made each one.'"

Hello to everyone on this beautiful day! I've actually spent the day in bed because of a stomach bug, not too much fun but it's given me a time to cuddle in a ball and reflect on the past couple weeks. It's been a roller coaster once again, but who would have it any other way?! I have been praying for the last 5 months of where I should move forward to. It's been an absolute turmoil between God and I, because I think God has made it evident that I am to be here in Cleveland even though I desperately sometimes want to pull a Jonah, not listen and return home to my family.

But clearly it's been evident that God wants me here. Recently I've been on a new adventure of managing a case of HIV/AIDS and many other crazy issues at a local hospital here in Cleveland. It's probably one of the saddest things I've ever had to be a part of because this woman fled Africa, which is a land that was running rapid with disease, and came to America for a new start to soon find out that what she feared most as a death sentence to be her reality here in the "American Dream". Never did I think I would have to translate all of these medical terms that not I could even explain in English. God has truly guided me through each step with managing this ever so sensitive case. Yesterday we had an appointment at infectious disease. It was such a learning experience, the doctor was explaining about HIV/AIDS and the Liberian woman whom I've been working with was so confused. She wanted to know how she contracted it and was VERY upset. Which is totally understandable given the circumstances. The doctor was very impatient with her and did not understand a single word she was saying. He then replied to her during her tears, "well you have it now so it doesn't really matter how you got it." 

She understood him completely in those words and looked him square in the eye and said "Jesus is going to heal me"

Wow, my breath was taken away and the doctor was just as shocked as I was. To hear this woman have faith in the midst of the biggest storm she's been given was SO humbling. I then told her that I am thankful that here in America we have the medicine that God gave us to be able to treat this so she will live for many years. The doctor then replied, "Well, I'll leave that between you and Jesus."
She then looked at me and said "Becky, tell him, tell him about Jesus."

What a glorious display. The family I've been working with for years now is planting a seed among strangers. The doctor than said "ok lets go get blood and quick ran out" but that seed was planted. We were all created to display Gods glory and it's in EVERYTHING we do, the good and the bad. I wish I could write all of this past months amazing encounters but you would be reading a chapter book.

If anything today I hope you are encouraged that you can glorify God in any circumstance. In fact you shouldn't praise God based off your circumstances but yet you should praise God based off the fact that HE IS GOD alone.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support and please keep the families I work with in your prayers as well. The Refugee community will be facing many trials this summer because many of them are at the point of loosing their benefits because they have been in America for 10 years but have not taken the citizenship test. There are not many translators in the Krhan language to teach them English so taking the test has not been an easy task to accomplish.

Go out and Glorify Him. Amen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Blogger, It's been awhile

Countdown to kickoff- ONE WEEK !

Perhaps Its Not The “Progressive” Movement You Think.